Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dogs Rule

Tonight is the second night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. And, as has become a tradition in my household, we will be tuning in to watch the best of the best in doggie breeds compete for Best in Show. And, as is my custom each year, I will once again be rooting for the Golden Retiever to win for the Sporting Group and then go on to win Best in Show. So far, I have been disappointed every time.

I have to say that last night, I was not terribly impressed with the winning dogs. None of the winners were dogs that I am particularly fond of so I'm hoping that tonight will be a little more interesting. And if that poodle wins Best in Show...

And, on that note, I would like to share the saddest commercial in the world. It breaks my heart every time I see it. And it convinced me to help out in my own small way.



So, please, give what you can. Visit Pedigree.com and donate through them. By doing so, they will match your donation.

It should be noted that, for the most part, I am a cat person. I've had cats all my life and I can't see myself ever not having a cat. That being said, all my life, I've wanted a dog to play frisbee with. Aside from compatibility and demeaner and all those things that you look for when picking a pet, my dog must be a frisbee dog. And, if we had more space and money, I have no doubt that we would have a dog. But for now, our cat rules.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: