Monday, November 17, 2008

To Boldly Go...

I've always been a marginal fan of Star Trek. I've not been a diehard fan who's seen every episode and know every minute detail of the series (I reserve that part of my brain for Star Wars). But I did watch most of the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine series - and I've certainly enjoyed it over the years.

And, frankly, with JJ Abrams' involvement, I'm actually really looking forward to the new Star Trek movie. (Not to mention, the always awesome Simon Pegg as Scotty)

So, now the new Star Trek trailer is online in high definition and, I'll have to watch it again, because while it certainly looks pretty cool, I have no flipping clue as to what's going on.

And without even seeing the movie, the little kid playing very young Kirk annoys me already.

But, yeah, I still want to see this.

Oh, and you know how I said that I don't get mired down in the minutia of Star Trek? I'm a liar. My first reaction to seeing this trailer was:

"Are you fucking kidding me? They're building the Enterprise ON Earth? There's no way a ship of that design could ever leave Earth's atmosphere! It would immediately crash on ignition! It's not designed to fly straight up in the air and there are NO WHEELS for it propel along the ground until it achieves lift! A ship like that has to be built IN SPACE!"

No comments: