Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Comics Post

So, until I get around to selling off all of my old comics, I'm not allowed to buy new ones. Even graphic novels! Which means my dream to get all of the Absolute Sandman books will have to wait. Finally getting around to reading "Y: The Last Man" also will have to wait.

But that doesn't mean that I can't still think about comics. So, to help, here are a few comic related links.


The Top 100 Comic Book Runs
Sure, you can argue about the order of some of these but, frankly, this is a pretty damn good list. It hits all the right books at the right eras of their greatness. In fact, it's this list that's making me feel nostalgic for the old, four-color, newsprint books I've got boxed up in my parent's basement. Maybe I won't sell them...


Wizard's Top 200 Comics
Unlike the previous list, I'm not overly impressed with this one. I guess part of the problem is that the premise of this list is that they are only the top books while Wizard has existed. Which is fine. And they do list some good books there. But their own limitation makes you realize just how many things they're NOT listing.


And best of all, this year's Wizard World Chicago convention is June 26-29th. It's been a few years since I've been to a convention, but I'm seriously considering it this year.Especially since this year's Guest of Honor is, none other than, Warren Ellis!

No comments: